Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken for those ‘throw it all in the slow cooker’ days and let something else worry about your dinner!
Fall apart tender chicken breasts (or chicken thighs) filling your house with sweet, honey garlic aromas, perfectly slow cooked and waiting for you when you get home. Slow cooker asian glazed chicken!
Cooked in a thick and easy to make Asian glaze, you’ll be tempted to pour a big jug of sauce all over your chicken. (May or may not have done that myself.) I’ve been waiting non-patiently for over 2 years to share this recipe with you! And for those that know me, I have absolutely no patience. So this is an exciting day…
Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken is a no-fail recipe using chicken breast fillets that will have the family (especially kids) crawling to the slow cooker to peer through the glass, wanting and waiting for the slow cooker to finish. The aroma is dizzying. And the taste? The taste is out of this world. Sweet, sticky and mouth-watering: the perfect sweet and salty combination.
You only need FOUR main ingredients in the sauce!
- Soy sauce (please use low-sodium)
- Oyster sauce
- Honey (or brown sugar)
Originally published on the Best Recipes Website January 29th, 2016.
Love Asian inspired recipes? Try these!
Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken
Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Chicken Breasts (or chicken thighs) for those ‘throw it all in the slow cooker’ days and let something else worry about your dinner! Fall apart tender chicken breast filling your house with sweet, honey garlic aromas, perfectly slow cooked and waiting for you when you get home.
- 2 pounds (1 kg) skinless boneless chicken breasts ((or chicken thighs))
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce (light soy)
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup honey, ((or brown sugar))
- 6 large garlic cloves, (crushed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (cornflour)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup green onions/scallions sliced, (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds, (to garnish)
- Whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey (or brown sugar) and garlic in slow cooker bowl. Place chicken into the sauce, rotating to coat. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low setting.
- When the sauce is simmering (in the last hour of cooking time), whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until dissolved. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sauce; mix it through and cover again to allow to thicken and continue cooking until the chicken is just beginning to fall apart.
- Taste test, season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve with steamed greens and rice; garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.